"In 1905 and 1906 two new courses were laid out in the southern suburbs of Glasgow - one at Whitecraigs and the other at Cowglen. It was felt, however, that there was room for yet another and on 28th December 1906 "The Williamwood Golf Club" was founded by 16 City business men. Land was leased from Drumby Farm, part of the Estate of Williamwood, where a nine hole course of 2527 yards was constructed. The course was designed and the work supervised by the Head Greenkeeper, Hugh Morris. The course and a small clubhouse were officially opened on 4th May 1907."